Scribe Video Center Seeks a Communication and Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Communication and Outreach Coordinator
Description: Scribe Video Center, a Philadelphia-based non-profit media arts and education center, was founded in 1982. Scribe’s mission is to explore, develop and advance the use of video as an artistic medium and as a tool for progressive social change. Scribe provides educational workshops in video, audio, radio, and interactive web-based production, and sponsors production projects that explore community issues. The organization is seeking a Communication and Outreach Coordinator.
The Communication and Outreach Coordinator, a part time position, works with the Program Manager and Director of Operations to promote Scribe Video Center’s programs, including educational workshops, community productions and public screenings. An excellent writer and communicator, the Coordinator is focused on increasing, broadening and deepening program participation, as well as making the general public aware of Scribe produced works and programs. Planning and implementing promotional strategies for all our programs is a core responsibility of this position. A substantial part of this communication and outreach work includes creating content and designing promotional materials for media and target audiences, as well as executing social media campaigns on a variety of web-based platforms. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator also helps develop collaborative relationships with a wide variety of Philadelphia area neighborhood organizations and schools, as well as recruits program participants to take part in Scribe’s varied programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Program Manager to plan, promote and present all of Scribe Video Center’s programs including workshops, screenings and community productions.
- Develops strategies for the promotion of Scribe programs and video works, including identifying target audiences and the most effective methods of reaching them.
- Develops publicity materials and writes press releases and other promotional copy.
- Maintains and updates (twice weekly) the Scribe website (Drupal); utilizes social media to reach target audiences, distributes direct mail and email promotions, and develops other web-based promotions.
- Maintains databases of community and press contacts.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with local and regional press contacts.
- Arranges for the distribution and exhibition of works produced through Scribe programs by writing press releases, and program descriptions, uploading information to website and promoting Scribe work to various screening, festival and broadcast venues.
- Represents Scribe at professional conferences, panels and festivals within the arts community and media arts fields.
- A commitment to progressive social change
- Excellent writer and editor
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability with social media marketing and promotional strategies
- Superb researcher
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of layout and design for print and web-based promotional materials
- Superior social media outreach strategies.
- Ability to work under pressure, organize work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization.
- Ability to act in a tactful and diplomatic manner and work on sensitive issues with diverse groups of individuals
- Some knowledge of both the production and post-production aspects of the moviemaking process
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML)
- Experience working in a non-profit arts organization is preferred
- A strong sense of aesthetics and style
HOURS AND COMPENSATION: $17.00 an hour. This position is posted as a part-time position (20 hours a week position).
To Apply: Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs at Scribe, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to jobs(at)scribe(dot)org
Deadline: February 10, 2017 Position to begin Late February 2017.
Scribe Video Center serves a diverse, multi-racial, multi-ethnic constituency in the Philadelphia area and encourages program participation from women, youth, seniors, people from lower economic classes and all sexual orientations. We look for a staff that is reflective of that diversity.