Film Scholars Program
Deadline: Monday, November 19, 2018
Interested in developing the skills to plan, produce and edit new documentary media works? Then apply for Scribe’s Film Scholars program, a series of courses designed to guide emerging documentary filmmakers from conceptualization through completion of their projects. To be eligible you must be a Scribe member, submit an application, and commit to participating in all four courses; Blueprint for Documentaries, Production Management, 14 Week Production Workshop, and Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro, beginning in December 2018 and concluding in August 2019. The cost to participate in Film Scholars is a discounted rate of $500, payable in two installments of $250.
Participation in the program provides you with professional instruction, a cohort of peers for support, motivation and inspiration, the support of Scribe Video Center, the discounted rate on the workshops listed above as well as a discount on suggested supplementary workshops.
The cohort is limited to 10 participants. This is a competitive program that has the goal of building diversity within Philadelphia’s media production industry.
- Monday, November 19th, 2018—Submissions Close
- Monday, November 26, 2018—Notifications
- Friday, November 30, 2018, 6:00 PM - Orientation
- First Course: Blueprint for Documentaries - Wednesdays, Dec 5, 12, 19 Jan 9, 16, 23, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have been actively involved with video production for at least 12 months
- The Film Scholar’s Program is open to all, but scholarships are only available to participants who meet the following income guidelines: members of families with a combined annual income of less than $50,000 or an individual with an annual income of less than $35,000. We are offering scholarships to 2 individuals, so applications for the scholarship will be competitive.